The General Services Admin has trotted out its new 'long list' of potential sites for the new federal courthouse in Harrisburg:
* South Front and Sycamore streets
* eastern corner of 2nd and Paxton streets
* western corner of 2nd and Paxton streets
* North 6th and Reily streets
* Maclay and Cameron streets
* North 3rd and Wiconisco streets (Scottish Rite Cathedral)
* 3rd and Pine streets
* 2nd and Locust streets
* 7th and Boas streets
* 2nd and Market streets (Dauphin County Administration Building)
This list does seem to have some real possibilities on it. I remember thinking when they brought out their first list, What about putting it on Third Street (Midtownish) or Sixth/Seventh Street? Seems like these areas need the potential development spur more than the previous list. I'm still waiting for the City to stop cramming everything into Restaurant Row and start moving some development onto Third Street around the Broad Street Market and the old Nick's 1014.
Now, I wonder what they're gonna do with the current courthouse when the new one is finally built. Harrisburg sure could use some tax money out of that property...